Antivirus programs are like a protector to our systems. What if they turn the tables on us? It gets really problematic if they start creating problems in our system. You try uninstalling them but in vain. We have received many queries saying they can’t uninstall AVG. So here we are with a few tricks when AVG won’t uninstall.
However, if you are unable to uninstall AVG, you can call our AVG support team anytime. But before that try the steps we are about to mention here.
Why Can’t I Uninstall AVG? Possible Reasons
There could be a few reasons why you are unable to uninstall AVG. It could be because you are not logged in as an administrator in your system. If the program wasn’t properly installed, you might face problem in uninstalling it. Another reason why your AVG refuses to be uninstalled could be that the program is corrupt.
No matter what the reason is, we always have a few tricks up our sleeves to deal with this problem. We are pointing down a few of them here.
How To Remove AVG?
Before you begin uninstalling AVG, make sure you are logged in as an administrator. If you are unable to remove it through the control panel, you can use the AVG removal tool and follow the below mentioned steps.
- Download the AVG removal tool.
- Run the file and accept the license agreement.
- Let it scan your system for all AVG products.
- From the list, select the one you want to uninstall, then click remove.
- Select Restart
- If a security dialogue box appears after the restart, select run. This will complete the uninstallation process.
- Restart again if prompted.
Still Can’t Uninstall AVG? Try These Steps
This will uninstall the AVG in your system. Nonetheless, if the problem persists, you can try disabling all the AVG components. Here’s how you can do it.
- You can see the AVG icon in the system tray, do a right-click on it.
- Disable the AVG protection temporarily by selecting that option.
- From the options, pick a time-frame for which you want to disable it.
- If you want to disable the firewall as well, select disable firewall option.
- Click ok.
- This can also be done in advanced settings. Open AVG.
- From the options menu, go to advanced settings.
- Select the option of temporarily disabling the AVG protection.
- Click on it again when prompted.
- Choose the time-period and if you want to disable firewall as well.
- Uninstall the program then.
This usually does the job. But in case it fails, you can always use a third-party uninstaller. And you can then try to force uninstall it. You can use the above methods if AVG won’t uninstall Windows 10.
Call Us For Assistance
If nothing works, you can give us a call at our toll-free number: +1-866-640-5516. Our AVG support team will guide you through the process of uninstalling AVG from your system. Our experts are experienced in dealing with such issues and they know what will resolve the problem of AVG uninstallation issue.
Further, you can try our Chat Service or Drop Us A Mail describing your issues. We will get back to you at the earliest.