The error code 0x8009002d strikes to the Windows PC while trying to sign in to Windows 10 with a PIN code. There are enormous reasons which led to this trouble in your Windows PC. The corrupted system files can be a real culprit for this issue. Also, the error might occurs due to incomplete installation, malware attack, BSOD and GSOD issues and many more. If this error appears in your device, then some of the files might be missing. If you are facing this frustrating issue right now, go through this article undoubtfully. This content can help you to get knowledge about this error. So, you can fix it easily and smoothly. Additionally, you also get to learn some appropriate tricks to eradicate this error permanently.
Primary Reasons which Provokes the Code 0x8009002d:
In case of the code 0x8009002d, there are many ways by which you can encounter this troublesome issue. And as such, it can be quite problematic for you, getting in the way of your work. In this section, we provide the possible reasons why you encounter this error 0x80070652. So, let’s take a glance below to know the reasons:
- BSOD and GSOD issues
- Driver failures
- Corrupted registry entries
- Third-party app problems
- Missing files
- Improper deletion of applications or hardware
- Virus attack
Appropriate Solutions to Fix Error Code 0x8009002d:
Here, you will know some easy ways to mitigate something went wrong code 0x8009002d. Hence, you have to follow the steps-wise methods mentioned below to fix this error code in your system.
Trick 1: Restart your PC
This is an easy way to resolve this issue. To do that, follow this way:
- First of all, press the Ctrl, Atl and Del keys together on the keyboard.
- Then, press the Power button.
- Select ‘Restart’.
- Now, press and hold the Power key until it turns off.
Trick 2: Reset the PIN Password
Usually, the PIN enhances the security of your device. Sometimes, this might cause this error. Therefore, you need to turn it off. Then, create a password to lock your PC instead. So, go through the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, click and hold both the Windows logo key and I button.
- Now, go to the Accounts option.
- After that, select ‘Sign-in options’.
- Look for the PIN section and click on the Remove option.
- When a confirmation window appears on the screen, double click on the Remove option.
- Choose ‘Remove’ to eliminate it from your device.
- Then, type your account password to confirm your account.
- Press OK.
- Next, go to the PIN section and click on the Add option.
- Now, type your new password there.
- Select ‘OK’ and restart the system.
- Finally, check if the issue gets removed or not.
Trick 3: Use “I forgot my PIN” Option
Another solution is to use ‘I forgot my PIN option’ to fix the code 0x8009002d issue completely. To see a forgotten PIN, apply the steps given below:
- At first, go to the Settings app.
- Open ‘Accounts’ and click on the ‘Sign-in options’ option.
- After that, allocate the PIN section.
- Select ‘I forgot my PIN option’.
- Next, click on ‘Continue’.
- Type the password of your account and choose ‘Sign in’.
- Then, type the new PIN code.
- Click on the OK option to save all the changes.
- At last, check if the error is resolved or not, if not, go through the next process.
Trick 4: Turn Off Sleep Mode
If your PC is not connected to a power supply, the system goes to the Sleep mode under the default settings. It means that your computer will only turn off after 15 minutes of hibernation. If many programs are running in the background screen, then the Windows might go into Sleep mode. To turn off the Sleep mode, you need to follow these steps and apply them in your own way:
Using the Settings App:
- First of all, open Start menu and go to the Settings app by pressing on the Setting icon. Otherwise, you can press and hold the Windows and I keys both to open the Settings app.
- Then, select the option named System.
- When the System page appears on the screen, click on the ‘Power & Sleep settings’ option.
- Now, you will see two options that say:
- On battery power, PC goes to sleep after…
- When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after…
- Next, you need to click on the drop-down option and choose ‘Never’.
- Make sure that these changes have done. Then, go to to the Sleep mode settings that will use to the current power plan. If you want to create changes to the different power plans, press the battery icon from the System Tray. Then, click on the current power plan tile to switch between power plans.
- Now repeat the above steps once to build the same settings as well.
Using the Classic Power Option Settings
- At first, click and hold the Windows logo key and S both.
- From the given list, click on the ‘Power Options’.
- Look for the plan which is selected currently.
- Now, select ‘Change plan settings’.
- Change the sleep mode to Never and choose ‘Save’ to make all the changes.
Trick 5: Run an SFC scan
The SFC scan helps to replace or repair the corrupted files. If you notice, that the error code 0x8009002d strikes for the corrupted files, then it’s a worth try. To perform the SFC scan, you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, right-click on the Start menu and go to the Command Prompt section.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After that, the SFC scan will scan your device. Don’t cancel the scanning process until it finishes completely. After scanning, it will show the corrupt files of your device.
- After scanning, if there are any corrupt files in your device, type this command:
“findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt.”
- Then, hit the Enter key.
- If you want to skip this, then type this command:
“Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”.
- You can find the details of the SFC scan on the sfcdetails.txt file which will appear on the screen.
- Now, you need to check out the issue.
Trick 6: Delete Everything from NGC Folder
Sometimes, the files from the NGC folder can be a culprit for this issue. Therefore, you have to delete them quickly. Before eliminating the files, you should use ‘I forgot my PIN option’ and reset the PIN password. When you are prompted to put the new PIN, then select the Cancel option. Now, type the ‘C: WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNGC’ command and remove everything from the NGC folder. After doing this, create a new PIN. Further, you can check if the issue gets removed or not.
Trick 7: Use the “Find my Phone” Feature
The last thing is to use Find my phone feature if you get this error on your phone. To perform that, just follow the below guidelines one-by-one:
- First of all, sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Open the ‘Find my phone’ option.
- Select the Lock icon.
- Then, type the PIN code.
- After that, switch off your phone.
- Wait for a while and power your phone on. Then, type the PIN code.
- At last, figure out if the problem is fixed or not.
In the above discussion, we have provided some practical methods to fix the code 0x8009002d with ease. We hope if you follow these steps in their corresponding order, then it will help you to solve this problem. After applying them, if you still confront this issue, then contact with a tech-expert for proper guidance.