Adobe reader is a global standard for viewing, printing and even commenting on the PDF documents. With a day to day usage, some problems arise. In recent times users often state that they receive an Adobe Error 131 when they try to view a document in the Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
The sudden occurrence of the errors can be troublesome and delay in your works. This article offers you the simple yet helpful methods of getting around the problem.
Signs that you’re under Adobe Error 131
- The PC crashes frequently with the error 131 when the same program is running.
- “Error 131” pops up in the window and the program crashes down immediately.
- Adobe Reader 131 displays over the window.
- Computer hangs for a few seconds after you open the program.
- The Error 131 may also appear during the installation of the Adobe program.
Possible Causes for Adobe Reader Error 131
Here is a list of possible causes for the surfacing of the Error 131.
- Incomplete installation or an improper downloading of Adobe Acrobat software.
- Another program accidentally or maliciously deleted some of the Adobe Acrobat files.
- Adobe Acrobat related files corrupted by Virus or the malware infection.
The runtime errors such as Adobe Error 131 are caused by many factors. This is why it is important to follow proper troubleshooting methods to prevent such errors from re-occurring again.
How to Repair the Error 131?
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program that is related to the Adobe Acrobat 131 Error will likely fix the issue. Following are the instructions to complete the process for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Guide for Windows XP
- Go to Start, and open Program and Features.
- Click on Control Menu
- Now click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- Search for the Adobe Acrobat 131 reader program under the list of Currently Installed Program.
- Now click on the Adobe Acrobat reader entry and click on the Remove button on the right side.
Guide for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Firstly, open the Program and Features by selecting the Start Button.
- From the right side, click on Control Menu and then click on Programs.
- Next, go to Program and Features an find the Adobe Error 131 reader program under the Name column.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button from the top menu.
Guide for Windows 8
- Move your mouse cursor to the bottom left of your screen for the Start menu to appear.
- Proceed with a right click on the Start Menu.
- Visit Programs and Features.
- Find the Acrobat Error 131 Reader program below the Name column.
- On the top menu, click on Uninstall.
After successfully uninstalling the Error 131 Adobe Reader program, properly reinstall the program by following the Adobe System Inc. instructions.
Still Experiencing the Error 131 Issue? Contact Adobe Customer Care
The Adobe Error 131 can occur across many Windows operating systems such as Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and more. If the error is not resolved in an appropriate manner then it may cause more problems in times ahead.
It is important that you call the Adobe Customer Support in our given Helpline number +1-800-917-0185 with your queries. We have highly experienced experts who will listen to your problems and come up with suitable solutions. Problems can arise at any point of time and this is why we are actively working 24×7 to help and answer each and every query put forward by our customers.
You can also connect with us through our live chat function which is available on our webpage. Drop in your questions over there and our executives will provide you with the best possible solutions to fix the error with an immediate effect.