Avast antivirus is one of the most preferred antivirus brands available in the market. However, you may find some glitches with Avast if you use any 3rd party email clients. You may receive the Avast certificate error while sending or receiving any emails.
About Avast Certificate Error
If you are using Avast Antivirus and any 3rd party email clients both at the same time you will likely get the Avast certificate error. The Bat, Mozilla Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey may show that all the email server certificate is not valid at the time of sending or receiving emails.
Avast uses their own scanning method to check all the incoming and the outgoing emails over SSL connections. All the other email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Bat, and Sea Monkey have their own certificate stores and they need to configure more to avoid all the warnings.
You can configure the email clients by yourself. However, if you are not tech savvy, we recommend you not to take the risk. It may damage the system and you will lose all the important files. Instead, seek assistance from our experts and solve the Avast issue.
Fix Your Avast Issue In Simple Steps
Our technicians will guide you through the entire process and will show you how to stop all the warnings associated with mail server certificates.
Follow The First Step: Export Mail Shield Certificate From Avast Antivirus
- First, open the Avast antivirus and go to the menu and the Settings
- Next, select all the components and customize
- On the left panel, you will get to see SSL scanning. Check the box next to Scan SSL connections. Click on Export certificate
- Browse the location where you want to export mail shield certificate
- Now click on Avast information dialog
- Import mail Shield Certificate into your account
Now Follow the Second Step: Import Mail Shield Certificate To Mail Client
- Choose any of the mail clients the Settings will be more or less same. Here we can take Mozilla Thunderbird as an example.
- In Mozilla Thunderbird, go the menu icon. Select the options tab twice
- Next, go to the Certificates tab. There click on manage Certificates and lastly open Certificate Manager
- Browse the location where you want to save the exported mail Shield Certificate. Click on Save
If the Avast certificate error still exists, do not panic! Call our technical support team to fix your Avast problem. We have the best technical team to serve you with quality solutions.
Our technical support team is available 24×7. You can call us anytime and fix your problem. We will give you back the total control of your system. One noteworthy mention is that you can enjoy our service at a reasonable price. We charge very little to fix Avast issues.
Chat With Us
Our customer care executive team is both efficient and trustworthy at the same time. You can dial our toll-free number Avast support number +18009170185 and solve your Avast SSL error. We too offer chat facility. You can easily chat with our representatives on our live chat portal. We will provide you with guaranteed solutions regardless of time.