Google Chrome is one of the most popular and widely used web browser. Millions of people use it for various purposes, starting from education, to entertainment in the form of movies, music, different live shows, everyone dives in Google Chrome to suit their needs. The Google Chrome is getting better with its strong features base. However, as it is also a digital program, it is always vulnerable to be plagued by errors/glitches from time to time. Chrome error code 4 is one of the recurrent issues that the customers are complaining of.
Therefore, through this article, we have come along with some of the most accurate fixes that will help you to get rid of the Google Chrome error code 4. Also, we will be focusing on some of the most apparent reasons that can influence such an issue with your Google Chrome Browser.
What Causes Chrome Error Code 4?
Before dealing with the ways of recovering from chrome error code 4, we need to know the reasons behind this occurrence. Also, it will be easier for you to get rid of the error if you are already aware of the various factors that can influence such an issue with Google Chrome. Hence, we have managed to put together a number of probable reasons in this article right below.
- The very first reason for this error can be your outdated Google Chrome browser.
- Also, you can encounter the same issue because of the malicious malware and virus present in your device.
- Besides, the corrupted device drivers can cause failure while you try to update Google Chrome browser and show up with an error notification.
- Apart from that, you might fail to install the update of your Google Chrome if there is no space of insufficient space in your device.
- Along with that, you the faulty hardware or sudden hardware crash can lead to update failure with Google Chrome.
- Also, the damaged files and folder can wind up causing the same issue in your device.
- Besides, the third-party software installed in your windows device can cause conflict with other software. Hence, it can cause conflict with Google Chrome and you can get the failure update.
- Also, the cache developed in your Google Chrome browser can be a potential reason for this issue.
- If the update is disabled by administrator, you will get the error code 4 appearing on your computer screen.
- Similarly, the antivirus software installed in your Windows device can cause several issues. It can also cause an error while to try to update your Google Chrome browser.
- Last but not least, you receive the same error when you use use an outdated version of your Operating System.
Solutions To Google Chrome Error code 4
Now that you are well conscious of the various factors that can cause such an issue with your Google Chrome browser when you to try to update it, you can proceed with the solutions. Though you can find a lot of solutions to this particular error code appearing on the screen, not all of them appears to be equally effective. Thus, through this article, we have compiled together some of the most proper fixes that are already proved working for a lot of users. Hence, we recommend you to have a look right below to get them all.
Solution 1: Restart Your Windows Device
This is the very initial solution to the error code 4 appearing on your screen. At times, there can be a common issue with your device which can cause this kind of error while you try to get an update your app. So, you can simply restart your device to fix the common error and then again try to update your Google Chrome browser. This way, you can check if this method helps to fix the error from your device. So, we recommend you to first restart your Windows device and check if this works. For that, you can find the complete instructions right below.
- To begin with the process, you need to press and hold the Ctrl and the Alt key at the same time. Following that, you can proceed with the Delete key.
- Here, you will find a dialog box appearing on the screen.
- Now, you have to type in the following command in the run box shutdown -r -f -t 0.
- This way, you can restart your Windows device.
Solution 2: Download Google Chrome Again
It is possible that there can be an issue with your Google Chrome Browser installation. Also, if there is any file missing on your Windows device, you can receive the same error. Hence, we recommend you to download Chrome again in your Windows device to fix the error. For that, you can follow the steps given below.
- To start off with the process, you need to remove your current Google Chrome application installed in your device.
- Then, you need to download the installation file in your windows device.
- Next, you can proceed with the Run or Save option.
- Here, if you select to click on the Save button, you will have to double-click the download and then you can begin with the installation process.
- Now, you can start Google Chrome in your windows device.
Solution 3: Remove Antivirus Software
Apart from that, the antivirus software installed in your device can cause conflict with the other software installed in your device. Also, it can interrupt the performance of your Google Chrome browser. So, when you try to install the latest version of your browser or upgrade it, you can receive an error notification appearing on the screen. Hence, to avoid this, we recommend you to remove the antivirus software installed in your device. For that, you can find the complete instructions given below.
- To begin with the process, you need to go to the Start menu.
- Next, you can move to the Settings section.
- Here, you need to click on the System option. You can find it beside the Settings menu.
- Then, you can proceed with the Apps and features section. You can find it in the left pane.
- After that, you will require to choose your preferred antivirus application that you want to remove.
- Then, you can click on the Uninstall option and remove the antivirus software from your Windows device.
- Now, you can again update your Google Chrome and check if it works.
Solution 4: Fix No Longer Supported Error
This is another reason that you can get this issue appearing on your Windows device. Hence, it is important that you check for the “no longer supported” error in your device. For that you can follow some simple steps below.
- To begin with the process, you need to turn off the Compatibility Mode of your device.
- Then, you can turn on your Windows device. Here, you need to click on the Chrome icon.
- Then, you can proceed with the properties section.
- Now, you have to locate to the Compatibility section.
- After that, you need to unchecked the Run this program in compatibility mode for.
Solution 5: Clear Cache From Chrome
Apart from that, you might fail to update your Google Chrome browser if there is cache portion developed in your Chrome browser. Hence, we recommend you to check your browser for the cache and remove them instantly. For that, you can follow the complete instructions given below.
- To begin with the process, you need to open your Windows device.
- Then, you can move to the Chrome browser.
- Now that you are on the Chrome browser, you need to click on the More option. You can find it on the top right section.
- Next, you have to need to tap on More tools. Then, you can proceed with the Clear browsing data option.
- After that, you can set a time range for the next time that you want to clear cache from your Chrome browser.
- Also, if you want to remove everything, then you can click on the Delete option to remove them all.
- Next, you can move to the Cookies and other site data section. Also, you need to navigate to the Cached images and files.
- Here, you can go to the Check the boxes option.
- Finally, you can click on the Clear data to remove the cache from your Google Chrome browser.
Therefore, these are some of the most accurate fixes for the error code 4 in your Chrome browser. Hence, we recommend you to implement them all to get rid of the issue in no time.