Nowadays, HP printers are one of the best in the market. It comes with the best quality and optimal features for users. These printers have a robust presence in the market but that doesn’t mean they are 100% error free. While speaking of errors, HP printer not printing is an issue that you might come across any time without prior notice. It can be caused by several factors including a bad connection between the router configuration and WiFi network connections.
So, if you are facing the same situation and want to know how to fix HP printer not printing, then you can follow this article to the end. It consists of specifically tailored guidelines for the probable causes due to which you are getting this error. So, go through this article, which will help you a lot to fix the matter on your own.
Major Reasons behind HP Printer not Printing Issue
Before going to an effective solution, you should check out the probable causes that can lead to this HP printer not printing issue. Therefore, we are going to mention some of the important causes that can provide you with a better clarification. Hence, take a look below:
- A bad connection between the HP printer and the computer
- Outdated Windows version
- Empty cartridges
- If the Printer Driver is not updated to its latest version
- Corrupted or damaged drivers
- A bad connection between the printer and the network
- Printer’s power issue
- Paper jams
- Spooler errors
- Improper installation of the Printer Drivers
Effective Strategies to Troubleshoot HP Printer won’t Print Issue
There are various ways to get rid of this issue. So, you should follow these methods carefully.
Way 1: Set the HP Printer as Default
Basically, your computer allocates the printer as the Default for hassle-free printing. It might change due to some general reasons. So, you should set the HP printer as Default printer. To do so, try to follow the below steps and implement it accordingly: If not solved issue contact our expert Hp printer repair in Dubai.
- At first, go to the Control Panel section and choose ‘Devices and Printers’.
- After that, open the HP printer by right clicking on it.
- Now, press on the ‘Set as default printer’ folder.
- Also, assure that the paper plate of the HP printer is totally filled or not. Most of the times, the paper plate is not full of enough papers. Then, the printer won’t print. Therefore, you have to fill the tray with sufficient papers.
- Finally, figure out the issue once if it is fixed. If you cannot fix it, then go through the next procedure.
Way 2: Cancel all Print Jobs
Most of the times, the stuck print queue leads to this issue. Generally, the print queue keeps all the print jobs. The problem arises when the print queue stops working. Then, you need to cancel all the print jobs and clear the stuck print queue by applying these steps instructed below:
- At first, go to the Control Panel section and open Devices.
- From the Printer section, right click on the HP printer option.
- Now, open the Printer menu and select ‘Open as Administrator’.
- Then, open the Printer menu again and select ‘Cancel All Documents’.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Confirm’ option and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Way 3: Update Printer Driver Manually
Basically, when you update the OS to Windows 10, many drivers can get damaged or corrupted during the process. So, before updating it manually, assure that it runs efficiently. With the help of the official site of HP, you can easily update it.
- First of all, go to the Windows 10 Control Center and open the Device Manager.
- After that, choose the printer in the set of Options and Devices that you need to update. You will be able to see a yellow mark presents beside the outdated drivers.
- Now, go to the printer device by right-clicking on it and select the ‘Update Driver Software’ folder below the drop-down list.
- After selecting the Update Driver Software option, two options will come on the screen. The first one is ‘Search and download the driver from the internet’. Here, you have to follow the instructions on the screen and install the appropriate driver. And, the second option is ‘Search the computer for driver files’. That means you have the downloaded version already and now you need to update it from your computer.
- Once the whole procedure is done, check for the issue. If the problem persists, go through the next procedure.
Way 4: Check the Connection
Sometimes, HP printer won’t print because of the connection problem between the HP printer and the computer. So, at first, check all connections of the printer. Then, verify that the connection (wired or wireless). If the printer is attached with a USB, unplug the wire and attach it again. After plugging it, reboot the computer.
If the connection is connected without wires, then assure that the internet is properly working. In addition, see if the printer is able to connect to the wireless network and reboot the router again.
Way 5: Restart Print Spooler Service
Restarting the Print Spooler Service can also help to solve this problem. To do this, try to follow these below guidelines:
- First of all, you have to go to the Start menu and click on the search option.
- After that, type “Computer Management” there and click on the Computer Management option.
- Now, click on the Services and Application option. This will show you a menu of services.
- Then, you need to locate the Print Spooler Service option and right-click on it.
- At last, click on the Restart option to start again the Print Spooler Service.
After restarting the Print Spooler Service, you need to print any document to view if the issue is resolved or not.
Way 6: Update Windows OS
To use Windows update, continue with the following steps:
- At first, go to the Start option and click Settings.
- From the Settings window, choose Windows Update from the left pane.
- Then, click on the Updates option and wait until Windows get the exact updates of the drivers.
- After that, click on the links for the updates. If you do not get the driver in the link from the settings option, then this does not mean that Windows is not able to search for any appropriate procedure to update the drivers.
- Now, install the updates and reboot your system to save the changes.
- Finally, you can check whether the error is resolved or not.
Way 7: Restart the Computer, Printer, and Router
This process might resolve any connectivity issue. So, it’s a worth try and you can follow the instructions below:
- First, shut down the router by hitting the power button.
- Next, shut down your printer and unplug all USB cables.
- Close all the tabs which are running in the background on your device. After that, close the computer.
- Then, connect again all the power cables and wait for some time for the internet connection.
- Now, power on the printer and the computer.
Hopefully, you will be able to resolve this typical situation of HP printer not printing issue using these hacks. If you encounter any kind of problems while applying these methods provided in this article, then you can leave a comment in the below section.