When you try to transfer the files from the device to the external drives, then you can get stick with an unexpected error message, “Error 0x80071ac3”. Moreover, the device stops to respond while it is appearing on the screen and it is one of the most annoying issues for the users. Not only that but also it corrupts the SD card as well. However, we are going to discuss the 0x80071ac3 error and effective solutions to fix it efficiently without further hassle.
Significant Reasons Behind 0x80071ac3 Error:
Some of the major technical issues are responsible for the Volume is Dirty error. Though it is very complicated to identify the exact problem. However, we are trying to explain the significant reasons that affect the external drives and damage flash drives, SD card, etc. Hence, take a through look below:
- Both the internal and the external hard drive is responsible for Error 0x80071ac3.
- Moreover, the SD card lock sometimes prevents the file transferring operations from one drive to the SD drive or another flash drives, etc.
- Collection of junk files and the memory insufficiency causes the Volume dirty error very often.
- Faulty drive and SD card is another problem to create the file transfer issue in SD card.
Resolve the Error 0x80071ac3 with a Few Proven Steps
There are certain steps that play an effective role to resolve the error 0x80071ac3 effectively. Moreover, it will help to fix all the external drive issues without any technical glitches. So, you might try out the steps below to overcome this technical hazards quickly.
Remove SD Card Lock Error
If the SD card error persists, then remove the card lock by following the process discussed below. It is the primary step to fix the external drive issue.
- Turn off the system and disconnect the external SD card from the device.
- Now, try to slide the SD card lock on both sides and wait for a few minutes.
- Next, insert it into the drive slot and check whether the error 0x80071ac3 is resolved or not.
Re-install the External Drive Device
To perform the external device re-installation program can easily resolve the error 0x80071ac3 very quickly. So, you can follow the process below and fix any external drive issue.
- Type “devicemngr” in the search box and open the Device Manager window by tapping the OK button or pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Here, you can see a list of hardware devices which are already attached with it.
- Expand the top section of the windows and right-click on the External hard disk or USB flash drive from that list.
- Now, choose the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu.
- Then, you are asked to confirm the process and it will take a few minutes to complete the hardware removal steps.
- When done, restart the device and re-open the Device Manager window.
- Now, choose the option “Scan for Hardware Changes” from the upper section of the window.
- Next, connect the external drives to that Mac device and check whether the Error 0x80071ac3 is resolved or not.
Via Command Prompt
To perform the disk check operation, you can run the disk check command from the Command Prompt and resolve this error very easily.
- Type “cmd” in the search box and right-click on the Command Prompt menu.
- Choose the Run as Administrator option from the pop-up menu. Now, you can see the dialog box to enter the Admin name and passcode.
- Press the YES button from the dialog box and open the Command Prompt in Admin mode.
- After opening the Command Prompt in Normal mode, type “chkdsk x:/B” and run the command by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard. It will run automatically and identify the disk error. Moreover, B helps to re-evaluate the faulty clusters and repair them automatically.
- Close the Command Promot window and verify whether the Error code 0x80071ac3 persists or not.
Check Errors for Drive
Internal drive error causes the 0x80071ac3 error and you can fix it by verifying whether the internal drive issue persists or not.
- Double-tap on the My Computer or their PC window icon from the desktop.
- After that, select the C drive from the resultant window and right-click on it.
- Click on Properties from the appeared pop-up menu.
- Tap on the Tools tab from the Properties window and then click on Check Now option.
- Click on the Scan and Repair Drive from the next screen.
- It will start to scan and wait until the successful message appears on the screen.
Disable ReadyBoost feature
To turn off the ReadyBoost feature from the device, you can fix the “Volume is dirty error” effectively. So perform as instructed below:
- Double-click on the My Computer icon or This PC from the desktop screen.
- Now, locate the external USB driver from the left pane of the window and right-click on it.
- Choose the Properties option from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen and click on the ReadyBoost tab from the appeared window.
- Enable the option “Do Not Use This Service” from the next window and click on the Apply to save the new changes.
- Finally, hit the OK button and close the Properties window. Now, check whether the Error 0x80071ac3 still persists or not.
Allow Writing to Disk Drives in the Registry
- Type “regedit” in the search box and open the Windows Registry window by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After that, locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane of the window and choose System by expanding it.
- Locate the menu Control under the CurrentControlSet menu items from the Register window page.
- Finally, click on the storage device policy key from the Registry Editor window. Here you can see the details in the right pane of the window.
- Locate the Registry value named WriteProtect and double-tap on it.
- Now, check the WriteProtect value and if you see the value is 1, then it is problematic for your device. So, replace the value with 0 and confirm it by tapping the OK button.
- When done, close the Windows Registry Editor and reboot the device.
- After restarting the device, verify whether the volume is dirty error persists or not.
Format External Drive
To erase the external drive, you can fix the problem without any technical hassle. Furthermore, the format option is effective in utilizing memory spaces.
- First, click on the My Computer icon and go to the left pane of the window.
- Now, right-click on the external hardware from the list of the drives.
- Choose the option Format from the drop-down menu and tap the Restore device Defaults button from the resultant window.
- Next, click the Start and confirm the disk formatting process by tapping the YES button from the next window.
- The format process will take a few minutes to complete the entire data deletion process and when done, try to reboot the device in normal mode. Now, check whether the error code 0x80071ac3 appears on the screen or not. However, you need to transfer the data from this device to another to avoid the data loss issue.
In the above content, we have discussed the error 0x80071ac3 with significant reasons. Moreover, we have analyzed the major symptoms behind this annoying issue. Besides this, we also have given effective solutions to fix this technical hassle. So, we hope this article will help you to overcome the “Volume is a dirty error “ quickly and permanently.