When it comes to conflicts between Windows and NVIDIA Graphic cards, encountering the “NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue” error is pretty common. A majority of users face this issue while installing diverse models of NVIDIA Graphics Card.
If you have been facing the same error lately, then it is not new and there are numerous solutions available to this problem. Dive into this article to know some of the easy fixes for it.
How to Solve the “Nvidia installation cannot continue” Error?
This error will prevent the user from installing the Nvidia Graphics card. Chances of getting the same message over and over again are quite likely as well. Follow the solutions listed below to solve this issue.
Enable Your NVIDIA Graphic Cards
In many cases, this issue shows because the NVIDIA graphic driver is disabled for some reason. Therefore, to get rid of the issue all you have to do is go to the Device Manager and check whether the NVIDIA driver is disabled. If you notice that it is, then make sure to enable it. To enable the NVIDIA Graphics card, follow the steps exactly as mentioned below.
- First of all, press the Windows key and X. This will open a menu. In it, you should look for Device Manager and click on it.
- After that, once the Device Manager opens, look for Display adapters and then click on it. This will expand it and open a list for you. Now you will notice a list, all you have to do is look for NVIDIA Graphic Card driver.
- Right-click on this option, and look for the Enable option from the menu. Once you get that, make sure to select the Enable option.
- After that, you should restart the PC and try to install the NVIDIA graphic card. After doing this entire process, check whether the “Nvidia installer cannot continue” issue still persists on your Windows 10 system or not. If it’s still there, follow the solution mentioned next.
Kill NVIDIA Processes
This is another efficient way in which you can solve the “Nvidia installer cannot continue” issue easily. Many users have claimed that this has solved the issue for them without any hassle.
All you have to do is end all the Nvidia processes from the Task Manager. After doing so, you should re-run the entire installation process.
If you want to kill the Nvidia process to fix the “Nvidia Installer Cannot continue” error in Windows 10, then follow the steps exactly as mentioned below.
- First of all, go to Start and in the search bar, type Taskmgr. After that, select the Task Manager that shows up on the search result.
- Now, search for NVIDIA processes in the Processes tab. On finding those, make sure to right-click on them one by one and then select the End task option. Performing such a step will stop all the NVIDIA processes that were running.
- After that, you should perform a rerun of the installation of graphic cards and check whether the error appears again or not.
Find the Device ID of NVIDIA Graphic Cards Manually and Update the Driver
There are also chances of getting a falsely detected graphics card. Thus, if this has been happening on your computer lately, then there are chances of installation failure with this error showing. Thus to get rid of this error, all you have to do is manually enter the Device ID of NVIDIA on the computer. Follow the steps exactly as mentioned below to do so.
- Go to Start and search for Device Manager in the search box. You can also press Windows+X and then select Device Manager from the list.
- After that, you should look for Display Adapters. Once you get it, select and expand it. In doing so, you will get an expanded list. Right-click on the Nvidia graphics card option form the expanded list. Following that, click on the Properties.
- Once the Properties window opens, click on the “Details” tab and then select the “Property” Dropdown. Now after that, select the hardware IDs option. On doing that, you will see a Hardware ID appearing on the Values box.
- Next, identify the Vendor and device code of the Nvidia graphics card. The vendor code of the graphics card comes after “ven” and that of device code comes after
- You can take help from websites to find as well as download the graphics card driver using the vendor and device codes.
- Now install the driver. For that, follow the instructions appearing on your screen.
- In the next step, you should restart the computer after successfully installing the driver.
Now check whether this fix work for you or not.
Rename the NVIDIA Graphics Card Folder
Many times changing or renaming the graphic cards folder helps resolve the problem. If such is the case, then here is how you can rename the NVIDIA graphics card folder.
- First of all, make sure to go the drive where Windows is installed. This is mostly found in the C drive.
- After that, make sure to look for the Program Files folder and open it.
- In the next step, search for the NVIDIA folder. Usually, it is named as NVIDIA corporation. After locating, right-click on that folder.
- Now choose the rename option to rename the file. You can provide whatever name you like.
- For a better reference, make sure to provide a name similar to a graphics card or NVIDIA. It depends on you
- Lastly, install the NVIDIA graphic cards on the system again. However, if this solution did not work for you, follow the next fix.
Disable Your Antivirus
There have been various instances where the antivirus software was the reason behind the issue with the installation of NVIDIA graphics cards on your system.
So, you should definitely try to disable any antivirus that is running on your system. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below
- First of all, go to Start and type ‘taskmgr.’ After that, click on the task manager option
- Once the Task Manager opens, you should go to the Process tab and look for the Antivirus that is already running. Now make sure to select the service and click on the End process button.
- However, if you have more than one antivirus installed on your system, repeat the same process for it as well.
- Lastly, restart your system and install your Nvidia graphic cards again.
We have mentioned some efficient methods by which you can get rid of this ‘Nvidia installer cannot continue’ error without any hassle. Hopefully, the fixes will work and solve the error for you. Please let us know in the comments whether the solutions were helpful for you or not.