Page fault in nonpaged area is a Blue Screen of Death error that occurs on Windows 7 when the device asks for a page from RAM memory to continue working but the page is not available. Thus the Operating System can not continue the process and crashes.
So, the users are unable to do anything on their PC and may lose their important work. This error message comes with a stop error code reading:
“ PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA STOP: 0x00000050 (0xCD3DD628, 0x00000001, 0x804EFC9A, 0x00000000)”.
This error can be caused by a faulty hardware device driver of the system. Apart from that, an outdated version of the Operating System, some security software can also cause this error.
If you are also a Windows 7 user and encountering this error, then you can easily solve it using the fixes present here. With these eight solutions, you can try to eliminate this error on your Windows 7 device on your own.
Eight Solutions for Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD Error
Below are eight easy and effective solutions that can help you solve the page fault in nonpaged area BSOD error on your Windows 7 system.
Solution 1 – Run a Disk Check and Memory Check
A faulty RAM or corrupted NTFS volume can cause this page fault in nonpaged area blue screen error on a Windows 7 system. So, you have to run a disk check and a memory check to fix this problem by following these steps:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type chkdsk /f /r and then press the Enter button to run this command.
- Once the command is executed, restart the system.
After performing the Disk Check, if the error still persists then you need to run the memory check. To do that:
- Open the Run box, type mdsched.exe and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- On the Windows Memory Diagnostic window, click on ‘Restart now and check for memory problems.’ Now the system will restart immediately.
- Wait until the scan completes and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 2 – Turn Off Windows Firewall
If the Windows Firewall is turned on, then you can get this blue screen of death error on your Windows 7 system. So, you need to disable it by following these directions:
- From the keyboard, press the Start button and select Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, go to the Windows Firewall section.
- From the Windows Firewall screen, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off button.
- On the right, tick on the box next to Turn Off Windows Firewall on both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings. Then click on the OK button to save the changes made.
Solution 3 – Turn Off any Third-Party Security Software
Page fault in nonpaged area error can be caused by interference from a security software. So, you need to temporarily turn it off to check if this resolves the issue. Go through these steps:
- Open the third-party security software that you are using at this moment on your computer.
- On that window, go to the Settings section and select the Firewall tab.
- From the Firewall tab, move the toggle from On to Off and then click on the OK option to save the changes.
After disabling the software, if the error still appears, then you need to uninstall it from the device. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Double-click on the Programs and Features section.
- On the Programs & Features section, scroll down the page and locate the security software, select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Once the uninstallation process is done, restart the device and then check if the error has been fixed or not.
Solution 4 – Disable Automatic Paging File Size Management
One of the easy manners in which you can solve this error is by disabling the automatic paging file size management. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Windows Home button and E key together to launch the Windows File Explorer window.
- Right-click on Computer and select the Properties button.
- On the Properties window, click on the Advanced system settings button from the menu on the left panel.
- In the System Properties window, go to the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button under the Performance box.
- From the Performance Options window, move to the Advanced tab and click on the Change option under the Virtual memory box.
- Unmark the Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers button.
- After following these steps, click on the OK button to save the changes made.
Solution 5 – Update the Display Driver
If you are not using the latest version of the device driver, then you can get the page fault in nonpaged area BSOD error on the system. So, you must keep the drivers up to date. Let’s take a look into some directions which you can follow:
- Launch the Device Manager window.
- On the Device Manager window, find and select the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on the driver with a yellow mark beside it and choose the Update Software Driver button.
- Once the update process is complete, reboot your Windows 7 system.
Solution 6 – Uninstall the Display Driver and Install it Again
Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error is caused by a corrupted or damaged display driver. So, you need to uninstall and then reinstall it. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Go to the Device Manager window.
- Locate and select the Display Adapters on the left panel to expand the section. Right-click on the driver with a yellow mark to it and select the Uninstall device button.
- After removing this driver, you need to reinstall it correctly.
To install it, you need to open the Device Manager window and click on the Scan for hardware changes icon.
Now, Windows will find the driver and install it automatically. Once you are done with these steps, reboot the system and then check if the error is fixed or not.
Solution 7 – Install the Latest Version of the Operating System
If the system has not been updated for a while, you can see this BSOD error on the system. Follow these directions hereunder to update your operating system:
- Click on the Start button and choose Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, select the System and Security button.
- From the System and Security window, double-click on the Windows Update section.
- On the Windows Update tab, click on the Check for updates button to find if an update is available or not.
- If there’s one, you will notice the Update option, click on it. After finishing the update process, the Windows system will restart automatically.
Solution 8 – Perform a System Restore
If the previous solutions did not help you, then you can try this solution to get rid of this blue screen error from your Windows 7 system.
So, you can perform a System Restore. If you do not know how you can do that, then follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows Home button and R keys together to launch the Run box.
- Type rstrui.exe and then click on the OK option or press the Enter button.
- From the System Restore wizard window, click on the Next button.
- In the next window that opens, a restore point list will appear. Mark on the Show More Restore Points button.
- After that, select the restore point that you want your system to revert back to and then click on Next.
- In the next window, a confirmation box will appear. Click on the Finish button. Now follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process.
- Once the system restore process is complete, reboot the machine.
Hopefully, the above solutions were sufficient to fix the Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Blue Screen Death error on your Windows 7 system without any hassle. You can leave a comment in the comment section below to let us know which solutions were helpful for you.