Have you ever faced an error message stating “This Site Cannot Be Reached” while browsing for something on Google Chrome? If yes, then there can be innumerable reasons behind it.
Users have claimed that this error has occurred to them due to Chrome settings, DNS settings, or due to faults with Network Adapter driver. Thus, in this article, we are going to discuss some methods in which you can fix this error easily.
Fixing “This Site Cannot Be Reached” Error on Google Chrome
Facing “This Site Cannot be reached” error on Google Chrome has become quite common among its users lately. So, if this error has been bothering you as well then make sure to follow the solutions mentioned below for a quick fix.
Reset the TCP/IP
A feasible way in which you can fix this “Site cannot be reached” error is by resetting the TCP/IP. To do, follow the steps exactly as mentioned below.
- First of all, open Command Prompt in Administrator mode. You can do so by clicking on the Start button on your system and then typing ‘cmd’ in the search box. In doing so, ‘Command Prompt’ will appear as a search result. When you see so, make sure to right-click on it and then run it as an administrator.
- After that, on getting prompted by User Account Control, make sure to proceed with this operation and click on “Yes”.
- In the next step, run these commands in the Command Prompt one by one.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Now check whether you can access the website or not. If not, then try the next solution given below.
Reset Chrome Settings
There are many instances where resetting the Chrome settings to default solved this issue easily. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on Google chrome and go to the address bar. After that, type chrome://flags/ and then hit the Enter button.
- Next, on the top of the Flags page, search for “Reset to default” and click on it. This will reset all the Chrome Settings.
- Now see whether “This Site Can’t Be Reached” Error appears again or not.
Change the Value of Maximum TLS Version Enabled
Another way in which you can fix this error is by changing the value of the Maximum TLS Version. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- First of all, type chrome://flags in the Google Chrome address bar and then hit the Enter button.
- After that, press CTRL+F to launch the Find tool and type TLS. This will help you to find the Maximum TLS Version. Now, select TLS 1.3 from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, restart Google Chrome and load the website on which you were facing this error. See whether this method helps you resolve this issue or not.
Check Automatically Detect Settings Option
Checking the Automatically detect settings option can sometimes resolve this issue. To do so, follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, press the Windows key and R together to open Run. After that, write inetcpl.cpl and press OK.
- Now, go to Connections>LAN Settings. After that, see whether the “Automatically Detect Settings” option is checked or not. If you notice that it is unchecked, make sure to check it.
Change IPv4 DNS address
Many users have claimed that changing the IPv4 address has resolved the error ‘this site cannot be reached’ on Google Chrome without any difficulty. Here is how you can change the IPv4 DNS address.
- First of all, press the Windows key and R simultaneously.
- After that, type ncpa.cpl and click on OK.
- Double click on the Internet Connection. Once the status window shows up, make sure to click on Properties.
- Now, in the Properties window and under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double click on it.
- In doing so, there will appear an option where DNS Address can be set manually. Now, make sure to select “Use the following DNS Server address” if it not selected and insert the following DNS Server addresses,
Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Lastly, go back to Google Chrome and see whether “This Site Can’t be Reached” error is resolved or not.
If the solutions stated above do not solve “This Site Can’t Be Reached” error then as the last option, reinstall Chrome. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Start and search for “Apps & Features”. Select the “Apps & Features” option including all the installed software.
- Look for Google Chrome and select it. Now, tap on the Uninstall button.
- After the uninstallation completes, open the Google Chrome website and look for its latest version. Now, make sure to download it and install it. This will help you to access websites normally without any difficulty.
We hope that the solutions cited above will help you resolve the ‘site cannot be reached’ error on Google Chrome easily. However, please let us know in the comments whether these solutions were helpful for you or not.