After you have upgraded the Windows Operating System from previous to the most recent version, then the error 0xc000007b might occur. Basically, when there is a mix between the 32-bit and 64-bit programs and the version of Windows, then this problem can crop up. When this error pops up, then you can see the following information on the message box – ‘The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.’ Also, when you attempt to launch some application like ‘iTunes’, then this glitch can pop up. In the below section, the reasons for this problem are being discussed. But, in the next section, you will get solutions to this resolve this technical glitch.
Elementary And Advanced Solutions to Resolve the Error 0xc000007b
This section of the article will help you to get rid of this error in an easy and simple way.
Solution 1: Execute the Software in Administrator Mode
Since you have encountered the problem 0xc000007b at the time of launching an application or software. Therefore, the best solution to eliminate this problem is to run that specific application in administrator mode. To do that, follow the steps understated.
- First, locate and right-click on the icon of the software which you wish to launch. After that, from the popup menu that comes up, choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Within that specific software’s ‘Properties’ window, tap on the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Under that tab, go to the section ‘Settings’ and put a checkmark on the option ‘Run this program as an administrator’.
- Then, hit the ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons respectively. Now, to apply these changes, you must restart the system.
- Finally, once the computer boots up, then attempt to open that software and inspect carefully whether this problem reappears or not.
Solution 2: Perform a Normal Restart of the Computer
Most of the time all the glitches on your computer can disappear if you perform a normal restart. Thus, to resolve this issue, all you need is to do an easy reboot. Follow the lines beneath in order to do it.
- First, tap on the ‘Windows Logo’ on the taskbar to open the ‘Start’ menu.
- Then, locate and hit the ‘Power’ icon present just above the ‘Windows Logo’.
- Now, from the popup menu with the power options in it, choose the ‘Restart’ option.
- Once tap on it, then the OS first quits all the application and services, power off the machine and turn it back on immediately.
- There is another way to ‘Restart’ the computer, which is as follows.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows Logo + D’ keys simultaneously to go to the desktop.
- Next, press both the ‘Alt + F4’ keys together to launch a dialog box called ‘Shut Down Windows’.
- Within this dialog box appears, navigate to the label ‘What do you want the computer to do?’. Under this label, there is a drop-down menu, tap on it to choose ‘Restart’ option.
- Finally, hit the ‘OK’ button to reboot the computer.
Solution 3: Remove and Install the Software Once Again
If after following the above two points, you still cannot able to resolve the error 0xc000007b, then the best solution is to uninstall and reinstall the same software once again. To perform the uninstallation process of an application, follow these sentences listed below.
- First, hit the ‘Cortana Logo’, just beside the ‘Windows Logo’ on the taskbar, in order to launch the search text area.
- On that area, type the text “control panel” and tap on the ‘Enter’ key so that the system can look for the application.
- Next, from the result of that search, tap on the ‘Control Panel’ option. This will open a new window that has the same name as the option you have selected on the last line.
- Now, within that window, find and choose the category ‘Programs’ among the rest of other categories present in it.
- After that, a new page within this window will come up. From it, choose the option ‘Program and Features’. This will once again take you to a new page, where there is a list full of all the software installed for the computer.
- From that list, locate and select the application that you wish to uninstall. Now, right-click on the application and then from the popup options list, select ‘Uninstall’.
- This will launch the uninstaller module of that application. In it follow the information on the screen and accordingly tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button to remove the application from the computer. Wait for the removal process to complete, then restart the computer.
- When the machine starts up, then launch the web browser and type in the official website of the software that you have just uninstalled and visited it.
On the website, look for the latest version of this application and download the setup file. Once the download is over, double-click on the setup files to execute it. When the installer window shows up, follow the details in front of you and lastly, tap on the ‘Install’ button. As soon as the installation gets over, then restart the PC and examine if you are still getting this problem or not.
Solution 4: Execute Check Disk Tool
You can get the error 0xc000007b Windows 10 if there is any malfunction within the hard drive. In order to find and rectify any problems within the hard drive, execute the ‘chkdsk’ utility using the ‘Command Prompt’. Follow the line beneath to initiate this tool.
- First, hit the ‘Windows Logo + R’ keys simultaneously to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box. Inside this dialog box, click on the right side of the label ‘Open:’, type a text “command prompt” in the textbox and tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- This will open a new window that has a black background and a heading ‘Command Prompt. Within this window, type a command and then tap on the ‘Enter’ key to execute it – “chkdsk X: /f /r /x”. Here ‘X:’ is the name of the drive which you wish to scan.
- The parameters ‘/f’, ‘/r’ respectively asks the ‘chkdsk’ utility to fix any problems that it finds out, detects any corrupt sectors on the hard disk and attempt to retrieve any readable instructions from it.
- The ‘/x’ parameter tells this utility to unmount the chosen drive before the scan process initiates.
- Once you enter this command, then the message shows up that asks you for a confirmation to run this ‘chkdsk’ command, when the machine boots up next. To confirm it, type ‘y’ key and then tap the ‘Enter’ key.
- The above process is applicable only when you try to check disk, where the Windows OS is present otherwise the scanning process will start as soon as you hit ‘Enter’ for the command on the second step.
Solution 5: Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages Once Again
A Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages is a dynamic link library or runtime file, it is required by the various types of applications made by the Visual Studio software. If this file gets corrupt somehow, then you can get the error 0xc000007b. In order to execute the programs and eradicate this problem, you will have to uninstall and then reinstall the package. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the third point in this section and follow the first five steps to open the new page ‘Programs and Features’.
- From the list that shows all the applications present on the computer, choose the program ‘Microsoft Visual C++ (the year) Redistributable’. After that, right-click on it and choose the option ‘Uninstall’
- Repeat the second step on this point for all the other packages. But before you uninstall these applications, take note of them so that during reinstallation it becomes handy.
- Now, open a web browser and visit the official Microsoft website. Within that site, look for the applications that you have removed and download all of them.
- Once the download process gets completed, then double-click on them and install those packages one after another.
- Finally, when the installation procedures of all the packages are over, then simply restart the computer and see if you are still encountering this glitch while trying to launch an application.
Solution 6: Update the Windows 10 Operating System
If none of the points on this section are unable to solve the iTunes error 0xc000007b, then the only solution that you have to follow to overcome this error is to update the Windows 10 OS. For that, follow the sentences instructed below:
- First, tap on both the ‘Windows Logo + I’ keys to launch a new window called ‘Windows Settings’.
- Within this window, choose the ‘Update & Security’ category present at the lower end of it. This opens a new page within this window, where you need to go to the left panel and choose the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Next, on the right panel of that page, tap on the ‘Check for updates’ button. At this moment, the OS will start to look for any updates that are available.
- Now, if it finds any, then it will be shown on a list and automatically gets downloaded. When the download gets over, then at the top of the list, tap on the ‘Update All’ button.
- This will restart the computer and after that, the installation procedure of all the update modules will begin.
- Once the installation procedure is completed, you will see the desktop of your machine.
- At last, attempt to run the application that was showing this error and check whether you are getting this error 0xc000007b yet again or not.
If you follow all the steps described in the previous section carefully, then you can solve this problem within a few minutes. But, even after following all the points on the previous section still, you are unable to rectify the error 0xc000007b, then do not panic. Simply write about the query that you have faced during trying some of the steps on the comment section below this page.