When you are trying to play a YouTube video on the Google Chrome browser, “An error occurred, please try again later” Youtube error message may at times display on the screen. Thus it can prevent you from watching that YouTube video.
This is a common error message that appears due to various reasons. Sometimes, problems related to the internet connection can trigger this error and YouTube will not work properly.
Apart from that, a corrupted Google Chrome application and an outdated version of the audio driver can also cause this error message.
If you are also suffering from this irritating error message, then this article will help you. Here, all the fixes to this particular error are given to help you solve the issue by yourself.
Fix “An Error Occurred, Please Try Again Later” Problem With Effective Hacks
Here are some easy and effective tips to fix “an error occurred” message on YouTube very quickly. Go through these hacks carefully and perform the steps accordingly as mentioned below:
Hack 1 – Check the Internet Connection
YouTube videos need specific network speed in order to load. So, you need to check whether the internet connection is working properly or not.
At first, restart the system. After that, restart the router, if you are using WiFi. Once done, the problem should be fixed.
If you are using an Ethernet cable, then disconnect the cable and reconnect it. After doing this, check if the error message appears again or not.
Hack 2 – Perform a Refresh
When you get this error message on the screen, you can simply press the F5 button from the keyboard. After pressing the F5 key, the page will reload from the server and hopefully, the problem will be solved.
Hack 3 – Reinstall the Google Chrome Browser
Sometimes, if Google Chrome application is corrupted, then you may find “an error occurred” message on YouTube. So, you need to reinstall the browser. To do that, follow these directions:
- Click on the Start button and select Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, go to the Programs and Features section.
- On the Programs and Features section, scroll down the page and find the Google Chrome application, select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, restart the device and then again install Chrome correctly.
To install it, you need to go to the official website of Google Chrome and find the latest version of the browser.
After finding it, install it correctly. When you install it, you need to follow the directions carefully which pop-ups on the screen.
Once the installation process is complete, reboot your computer and then try to open the video on YouTube to check if the error message still appears or not.
Hack 4 – Remove Cookies and Cache
Removing the cache data and cookies can resolve this error message on YouTube. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, launch Google Chrome application by double-clicking on the Google Chrome icon.
- In the Google Chrome window, navigate to the Menu section and choose the Settings option.
- On the Settings window, scroll down the page and locate the Advanced tab, click on it.
- When the Advanced window opens, click on the Clear Browsing Data option under the Privacy tab.
- In that window, set the time range that you want an then mark on the Cache data and Cookies. Then click on the Clear Data option to remove them.
Hack 5 – Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
According to some users, turning on the hardware acceleration can cause “an error occurred” message to show on YouTube. So, you need to disable the hardware acceleration feature on Google Chrome. To turn it off, follow the steps cited below:
- Open the Google Chrome application.
- From the Google Chrome window, move to the menu list and select the Settings button.
- On the Settings window, scroll down the page and select the Advanced button.
- When the Advanced window opens, scroll down the page until you find the System section.
- Here, you can unmark the box next to ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ to disable it.
- After following these steps, restart Chrome and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Hack 6 – Update the Audio Driver
An outdated audio driver can cause this error message on the screen. So, you need to keep the audio driver up to date. To update the driver, follow the directions below:
- Open the Device Manager window.
- In the Device Manager window, find and select the Audio section to expand it.
- After that, right-click on the Audio driver and choose the Update Software Driver button to start the update process.
- Once the update process is done, reboot your PC and then check if the error message still appears or not.
Hack 7 – Update the Google Chrome Browser
This error message can be caused by an older version of the Google Chrome application. So, you need to check if the Google Chrome application is updated or not. The following steps will help you:
- Open Google Chrome application.
- Go to the Menu section and select the Help button to expand it.
- After that, choose the About Google Chrome button.
- On the About Chrome section, if the update is available, then the Chrome will automatically update it.
- After updating Chrome, check if the error message still appears or not.
Hack 8 – Allow Third-Party Cookies
Another hack that you can use on your PC to get rid of the “an error occurred” message on YouTube is to allow third-party cookies. Let’s take a look into some steps that you can follow:
- First of all, open the Google Chrome application.
- When the Google Chrome window opens, click on the Menu button and select the Settings option.
- On the Settings window, scroll down the page and find Advanced Settings, click on it.
- Go to the Privacy tab and select the Content Settings button.
- From the Content Settings window, go to the Cookies section and put a mark on Block third-party cookies and site data button.
Hack 9 – Change the DNS Server Address
An incorrect DNS server address can result in “an error occurred” message on YouTube. So, you should change it by following these steps:
- Launch the Control Panel window.
- On the Control Panel window, double-click on the Network and Sharing Center section.
- Select the Change adapter settings button on the left panel.
- Locate the Network connection, right-click on it and choose the Properties button.
- From the Properties window, choose the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) and then select the Properties option.
- When the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) Properties window opens, click on the Use the following DNS server addresses button.
Preferred DNS server – 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server – 220.127.116.11
Once you are done with these steps, click on the OK button to save the changes.
Hack 10 – Turn Off the Extensions on Google Chrome
Turning off the extensions can also eliminate this error message from the system. Try to follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome window
- Go to the Menu section and select the More tools button to expand it. Here you can see the Extensions option, click on it.
- On the Extensions window, click on the Remove button or toggle off the extensions one by one to disable them.
Mentioned above are some easy and effective hacks to get rid of “an error occurred” message on Youtube, without any hassle. Try these hacks one by one and solve this issue immediately on your own.