One fine morning, you turn on your Dell laptop and all it gives you is Dell hard drive not installed message. You scratch your head, Google frantically and yet by the end of everything you are still clueless about what’s wrong. This has happened to many.
We have witnessed the frustration of many Dell users. There have been many calls relating to this very issue. So, here we are, with a little something for you. You can now try troubleshooting this error on your own first before you come to us.
As mentioned earlier, you can always go ahead and solve the problem on your own. But, you may find it difficult if you aren’t tech-savvy. In fact, it can also lead to some other complicated error in your Dell laptop. So why don’t you get in touch with our Dell Customer Support? We’ll help you right away.
Reasons For Dell Hard Drive Failure
Almost all brands face the same problem at some point in time. This could be because of
- A loose wire
- Corrupt hard drive registry
- Incomplete or bad Windows installation
- Wrong BIOS setting
- A boot sector virus
- A damaged hard drive
Any of the above-mentioned reasons could be causing the error in your Dell laptop. But at the same time, there can be other reasons too. In order to know the specific reason, you need to get in touch with our Dell Customer Support Executives. Just dial our toll-free number and let us take care of the issue.
Resolving Dell Hard Drive Not Found Error Is Easy With Us
If you see Dell laptop hard Drive not installed message in your system, try the following steps for troubleshooting.
- Start by pressing F1. When you will see the message of hard drive not found, continue by pressing F1. It is a BIOS error message and hitting F1 is a contingency approach. And it might work for you.
- If F1 doesn’t rescue you, try correcting the BIOS settings. It could be that the port that connects hard drive is disabled. This will make your system unable to detect the hard drive, causing the error. Hence, check BIOS setup and correct it if needed. Also, if you don’t see the hard drive containing Windows first on the list, change the boot device property in BIOS.
- Dell diagnostic hard drive not installed error could also be because your hard drive is not physically connected to your system. So, make sure you check the hard drive cable as well. Loose connection or worn out cable should be fixed for resolving the error.
- You can also perform a forced hard drive reset for solving this error. This will force your system to clear and re-establish the connection between the hardware and the BIOS. here’s how you can do a forced reset.
- Turn off your system and remove it from the docking station or port replicator.
- Disconnect all external devices.
- Remove the battery.
- For 15 seconds, press and hold down the power button, this will drain out any remaining power.
- Re-insert the battery and plug-in the AC adapter.
- Do not connect any peripherals yet.
- Turn on your system, select start Windows normally and hit enter.
- You can test your hard drive with AOMEI partition assistant. Here’s how you can do it.
- Connect your Dell hard drive to a Windows PC.
- Download the AOMEI partition assistant.
- Install and launch it.
- On its main interface, you can see a list of hard drives.
- Go the hard drive you want to test. Right-click on it and pick surface test.
- Check the box that says quick test.
- Click start
- The assistant will start the test and will detect any error if there. Fix the error using the AOMEI and check the hard drive in your Dell again.
- Repair any installation error in Windows.
If one of these methods solve the error for you, great, rejoice. However, if the problem still persists, it could mean your hard drive is damaged. So that is quite a matter of concern. A damaged hard drive can pose threat to your files and other data. The better you get it fixed, the better it is.
Dell hard Drive not installed? Call Our Dell Support
If you are looking for the repair of your hard drive or a replacement, give us a call. Our technicians will do the needful right in front of your eyes after letting you know the problem and provide the optimum solution to it.
You can either give us a call at our Dell Support Number: +1-866-640-5516 or chat with our Dell Live Chat Support. Or you also have the option of emailing us your doubts. We’ll get back to you in no time.